WATERBLOMMETJIE & RED ONION TART
400g Roll Puff Pastry (defrosted)
1 Lemon – Zest and juice
1 Red Onion, sliced into thin rings
100g Matured Cheddar
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Spray a square quiche tin with food spray (Cook and Spray).
- Roll open the puff pastry and line the tin with the puff pastry.
- Prick the puff pastry with a fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes till light brown and puffed.
- Meanwhile rinse the waterblommetjies and boil in salt water for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the waterblommetjies from the boiling water and place into cold water.
- Drain the waterblommetjies, and flavor with the lemon zest, lemon juice and ground
salt and pepper.
- Once the puff pastry is baked, layer the pastry with the red onions and the
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and
- Garnish with fresh parsley.